Over the coming weeks Robert Hart, our specialist Maker and Hacker, will be building, documenting and demonstrating equipment and props he is creating for our STEM programs and events. When the libraries return to normal operation these will be accessible to the public in the library in STEM programs and in our fabulous science programs presented by David Riley.
What’s currently on the bench:
LoRaWAN Nesting Boxes – Wildlife Nesting boxes fitted with a range of sensors deployed across the PAE Catchment. With some support from our code developer Paul Schulz.
Solar PV Battery demonstration system. Charge Station, Cooking and Humidifier Water Harvesting.
- STEM Squad Zoom Kit V1 – DC Motor Projects
- Short Story Vending Machine
- Smoke Injector for bubble science demonstrations
- Wind Tunnels 24V Variable speed
- Junkbot – A telepresence robot made from e-waste used for a school education program run by Electronics Recycling Australia
- Air-Water Rocket Launcher
- Exercise bike generator 300W with lights, sound system and 5 port charger
- Electric Vortex Cannon