WLED is one of the fastest ways to add a feature-rich implementation of an ESP8266/ESP32 webserver to control addressable LEDs like the NeoPixel (WS2812B, WS2811, SK6812) or WS2801 and APA102.
Build amazing customisable light shows and wearables using this excellent free open-source, which needs no coding skills to get up and running.
- USB Data cable and ESP8266/ESP32
- Access Point (AP) with WEP key access
- Laptop computer and USB data Cable
- Addressable LEDs like NeoPixel (WS2812B, WS2811, SK6812) LEDs or WS2801 and APA102
- WLED Web Installer – https://install.wled.me and follow the instructions
- Once joined to the AP, you can configure the ESP to run as AP itself and choose a GPIO pin for the LED Data. Full documentation on the website here – https://kno.wled.ge/
Here are some working examples of how you might use this at the Parks Library Makerspace.